2. That whole move where the winner has to wind through the tables and chairs to get to the stage and keeps getting interrupted by someone who wants a hug or a kiss or a handshake has nothing to do with the winner and everything to do with the interrupter trying to steal some of the spotlight and look important and connected.
3. Is it us or did Ricky Gervais dial it back a little this year? He seemed a lot tamer. Pity.
4. What happened to Madonna's British accent?
5. Hollywood keeps trying to push Jessica Beil on us.
6. Dudes we wish we looked like (in no particular order): George Clooney, Mark Wahlberg, Eawn McGregor, Clive Owen.
7. That's not playing fair to Melissa McCarthy, sticking her next to Paula Patton.
8. Quote of evening, delivered by Mrs. Cheese Fry: "Please do not fast-forward George Clooney."
9. Interesting how some women age so gracefully and continue to look radiant, while others fight age tooth and nail and wind up looking so plastic and brittle. You know which is which.
10. Morgan Freeman will always be Easy Reader to us.